As the marketing field moves further and further into the digital age, we’ve all had to adapt our strategies to fit this world. Social media has replaced mail campaigns and paper newsletters, clients often text instead of calling, and potential customers will find you through your website instead of the Yellow Pages. The old marketing rule book has become obsolete and it’s past time to learn how to navigate digital media.
One tactic you’ve probably heard of already is SEO. But what is that? SEO, or search engine optimization, is the fine art of building web content that will move your company upward in Google’s search results. It’s a powerful tool when used properly, but unfortunately it’s one of those skills that many people think they can do well, but few actually can! Are your company’s SEO efforts really making a difference?
How To Use SEO To Your Advantage
Do you remember the days when a company’s website would have giant lists of keywords at the bottom of the page for Google to find? SEO used to be that simple! But then Google caught on to the people who were gaming their system and tightened up their algorithms. Long gone are the days when you could just throw up some keywords and call it a day – you’ll have to provide much more if you want to see results. Here are some guidelines that your in-house or outsourced SEO specialist should be using.
1. Content Is King. It’s become a cliché for good reason – a major SEO goal is creating fresh, engaging content that is meaningful to your end users. Incorporating the key search terms that lead people to your website is important, of course, but it will do you no good if those keywords aren’t surrounded by quality content. Make sure that what you publish is relevant, interesting, and well presented.
2. Don’t Go Stale. As far as Google is concerned, new is better than old. If a particular web page hasn’t been updated in quite a while, it will fall down the rankings in favor of pages that contain newer information. This is why it’s a good idea to keep a regularly updated blog on your website.
3. Embrace Mobile Devices. Is your website mobile-friendly? If not, you’ll find yourself falling down in Google’s search rankings. Make sure your site can be easily accessed and read on mobile devices in order to stay relevant.
4. Build Up Those Backlinks. One aspect that Google considers when ranking a website is how many other sites have linked to it, and how many people are clicking those links. Quality content will often result in other people linking to what you’ve written, but one way to jumpstart that process is through influencer marketing.
5. Slow And Steady Wins The Race! While SEO is a vital component of modern marketing, you can’t expect to see instant results. But don’t get discouraged – as long as you keep up your efforts, you’ll see results eventually.
Consult The Experts
Feeling a little overwhelmed? Once you learn how SEO really works, it can seem daunting! Fortunately for you and your business, Pearl Brands knows all the ins and outs of SEO and can work out the best strategy for your website. If you’re ready for the experts to drive your site up the search rankings, call Pearl Brands at 239.313.6059 or contact us online.